June 11, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS DEENA!

*EDIT: I am a freaking moron and mixed up the details with this - it was not with eHarlequin, but a publishing group called Noble Romance Publishing, and it wasn't a contest, just an open submission. Yeah, I need a few more points on my listening skills apparently. :( **

********
I have been DYING to just scream this out at the top of my lungs, and after getting the okay that it was public news from her, I can. I just HAVE to brag!

Many of you know our lovely Deena personally, others may know her just from her brilliant FF works Second Chances, What Happens In Vegas, Stay, and her most recent short story Charitable Donation......but what you probably don't know is that she has just officially become a PUBLISHED AUTHOR!!

A few weeks ago, she entered an open call with Noble Romance Publishing for a short story submission involving sexual role-playing. Since we always edit and critique each other's work, she sent it to me (and a few other close friends) -- and damn, it was good. I urged her to submit it, told her to stop second-guessing herself, to bite the bullet and hit "submit" for freakin goodness sake, LOL...everything she would have done for me.

AND SHE GOT IT! She received a publishing contract with them, and if she signs, her story, At Your Service, will be published as part of a role-playing short-story anthology (and they told her they want her as a stand-alone short if they don't get enough other submissions!) and will be published in e-format on the publisher's site.

She has said she will let me know when it is published, and you can bet your bottom dollar it will be all over this site so you can read and enjoy it too!

So when you get a sec, drop Dee a line and send along your congrats -- and if you haven't read her work yet, do it. Her main site has a directory of her stories.

You already know this, Dee, but I am SO proud of you. Your hard work has paid off, you did it! This is but a huge stepping stone in what could be a very successful career, and I can't think of anyone who deserves this more. I love you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I've been DYING TO TELL PEOPLE!!! Yippee!!!!!

So happy for you!!!

It could not have happened to a nicer and more talented person.

Dee, Becks and other close friends..are some of the most gifted writers I know.

Congrats Dee

EEEEE LOL!!

Madison Night said...

Thanks a million Becky!! It's incredibly exciting, and I'm completely and totally stunned! Thanks to my girls (you know who you are!) for all your help, support, and belief in me! MUAH!