February 7, 2009

Bon Jovi to play in Jazz Fest

Yeah, so this has been posted everywhere else too, but I'm catching up on reposting things on my site and the design and everything, so pretend this was posted on time.

BON JOVI TO PLAY AT 40TH ANNUAL NEW ORLEANS JAZZ FESTIVAL

Making their first-ever Jazz Fest appearance, Bon Jovi will perform on Saturday, May 2. The 2009 Jazz Fest is scheduled for April 24-26 & April 30-May 3 at the Fair Grounds Race Course.

The Festival announced that the hugely popular discount weekend ticket package opportunity will expire at the end of business on Wednesday, February 18. For the first time ever, the Festival has been offering discount ticket packages to each day of a particular weekend. Ticket packages purchased for all three days of the first weekend (April 24, 25 & 26) will be $105, while second weekend packages purchased for all four festival days (April 30, May 1, 2 & 3) will be $140. (Tickets included in each package are day-specific.) Advance single day Jazz Fest tickets are still only $40 with the gate price of $50. Children’s tickets (ages 2 - 11) are only $5 in advance or at the gate. Single day tickets to Jazz Fest are on sale by specific weekend, with each ticket valid for a single day’s attendance.Tickets for the Festival, which takes place at the Fair Grounds Race Course are on-sale through all Ticketmaster outlets.

I want to go. Really. I am in live Jovi mode WITHDRAWAL and I need me a good show soon. Unfortunately, even though I could handle the ticket price, flights to New Orleans aren't exactly penny cheap, and I'd have to be there and back within 3 days...which ain't gonna happen, especially during finals season.

So, I'm going to have to sit this one out as well, and listen with envy as people pack their things and head out for the FC show, the Elements appearance (though I'm not too envious of that little spectacle) and Jazz Fest. I just thank my lucky stars I didn't buy a ticket to the Soul dinner....

No comments: