February 20, 2009

I'm glad I'm not going to the FC show...

So the ranting and debate over the fan club-only show "JBJ & Friends" has been going on for months now, and I've stayed out of it for the most part because a) I don't like to get in the middle of fights on Backstage and b) I'm not going anyway.

Despite the $250 a pop, the controversy over non-FC members being allowed to the show and it being a charity event, and the bemoaning over Jon appearing solo, I was kind of wistfully wishing I could be there next week.

But then I read this article (the latest among others I've read since the show was announced) and it just made me glad I won't be involved in the whole shindig: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20090220/NEWS/902200325/-1/BUSINESS02

I remember a few months ago reading about the toy drive at Elements and how the winner would win tickets to the FC show, but I never heard anything more about it until now. Now apparently there is also a second show at the Starland Ballroom the night after the FC show for winners of a Mastercard contest...?

And 1,500 ATTENDEES FOR THE FC SHOW?! Good Lord, that should be fun with standing room only and first come-first served!

Attendees of the show, I do not mean this to rain on your parade. I truly hope you all have a WONDERFUL time and that the performance and event are all they're cracked up to be. I just can't help but be cynical and wary of everything Matt does lately. And that's really unfortunate.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - no matter what people said about Mrs. B "picking favorites", I MISS HER.

No comments: