February 22, 2009

It's mine!!

EEEEE! I just got back from the hour-long drive to Newport Beach to pick up my new Richie Sambora signed Stratocaster and I'm still dancing! It's not a genuine Fender, which I knew, it's a sister model Squier, but it's in perfect condition and a wonderful collector's item.

And yes, I knew the 'R' was smudged in the loop part even before I decided to buy the guitar, but Bjorn and my aunt and myself and then later, the seller said that it just looks like the marker didn't touch the guitar all the way or something. And upon closer inspection today, I can definitely see evidence of that in the first line of the 'R' and then the 'i' is thicker, like the ink suddenly decided to work. hehehe

The nearly three hour trip altogether was so worth it....and it took me right past the house Jon used to own in the late 90's, which I always love to look at on the way up to the O.C. and LA....AND it took me verrrry near Richie's current neighborhood. It was very tempting to detour from the freeway and go see if he was home. LOL!

Anyway, I promised pics, so here they are. ;)




2 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

Gorgeous guitar! Do you play?

~ Hath

Becky said...

Thanks! And I'm learning, but the boyfriend is insanely good and self-taught (with Richie as his idol *wink*) so he's been teaching me off and on. This guitar will primarily be a collector's piece for display, but I'm sure it will get played lightly a few times!