February 7, 2009

JBJ & Bettye LaVette: 'A Change Is Gonna Come'

I know this is old news, but I really liked this performance at Obama's inauguration ceremony. Despite what others have said, I think Jon AND Bettye did a great job, and the video went straight into my RP library. :)

I try not to get too political in public, but I will say that I believe the words in this song, and I was filled with a sense of hope that I know many Americans are feeling lately when I watched this. I'm under no illusions that the new president is going to ride in on a white horse and "save the country" like the hype fantasizes, but I DO think we finally have a legitimate reason, after nearly a decade, to fill our hearts with hope and our minds with expectation while we all embark on a journey of change.

And it will take ALL of us.

Anyway, with that said, go and enjoy my favorite frontman in action. Click here to watch the video performance from the inauguration ceremony.

No comments: