February 17, 2009

Tico's Turn!

I told you Teek had to be keeping busy if his mates were!

My Google alerts notified me of a very small, brief mention of "Tico Torres" in the middle of some news story about lingerie, and I was slightly perplexed about what the two had to do with another...so I read up.

The 'Lingerie Miami Benefit to Empower Impoverished Women of the World' was held on Saturday at the Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, and the heartbeat of Bon Jovi was in attendance.

Models including Eva Longoria-Parker (who hosted the benefit), Deepak Chopra, and Veronica Webb, dressed in tiny designer getups, modelled and paraded around "like politicians" in the 60 degree Miami weather for the outdoor fashion show.

Celeb guests included former basketball star Rony Seikaly (whoever that is) and our beloved drummer.

Some might skepticize that Tico (and other men) were only there for the flashy displays of skin and cleavage...but at $1,000 a head to support women worldwide in their struggle against poverty, I don't care what kind of show they got - I raise my glass in toast to them.

No comments: