May 26, 2009

"Do you ever feel like..."

For those of you who know Jen (Big Apple Jovi Girl), she posted this on her site first. And she was the one who found the media and highlighted it - so I'm really stealing her post here. lol. But I just had to share because I was so incredibly inspired by what she posted...

So one of my favorite Jovi songs ever is Someday I'll Be Saturday Night. There's just something about the feel-good, scream-out-loud, exhilaration of I CAN DO IT that always gets my blood pumping and my heart squeezing.

Well, I have about 13 versions (just counted! LOL) of this song in my music folder, but the one Jen posted was new to me. Live from Osaka, Japan in....no idea what year....Jon gives his famous little monologue between choruses. And it is the most inspiring and motivating one I have ever heard.

As I posted on her site - it was like he was speaking right to me. Like he knew what I've been going through and struggling with in life, like he knew that I have been worn thin and tired of being strong...like he was helping me, in his own uncanny special way. The way only he can. 

Give it a listen. And pay attention to his words, starting around 3:59ish. I've posted the youtube video (which is just a slideshow of pics set to the song) that Jen posted, as well as the audio version for you...and the words to Jon's monologue. 

Enjoy.



Do you ever feel like no matter what you did, no matter what you said, no matter how hard you try, nothing ever seems to work out right for you? Do you ever feel like your get up and go has got up and went?

Yeah, me too. I feel like that sometimes. It's true.

But when I do, I say, "Self, you've gotta just dust yourself off.  And I say, self, you've gotta put on the gloves, jump in the ring, and go in there for one more fight.  And I say self, we ain't gonna back down this time! Ain't nobody's gonna come and throw the towel in this time! Ain't nobody's gonna tell me that they's gonna save my ass this time! NO!

2 comments:

Jovi Babe said...

Someday I'll Be Saturday Night is my favorite!! I've had this version for over year and I play it loud and often! The monologue is the best in this song, it's like he's speaking right to you.

baloriflorencia said...

yep, one of my faves too, but it happens with many of their songs, like when I heard "who says you can't go home" after travelling for 6 months all over the world, I cried like crazy