May 13, 2009

Greatest Hits Volume II - Your Pick?

So with the rumors flying about a second greatest hits album from the band, there's been a lot of talk about what songs would make it this time around. They've come out with some great stuff since Cross Road was released in 1994 - after all, nothing from These Days onward was - or could have been - featured. And the music business, consumers, top-selling lists, and plain ol' revenue have proven that there are have been bonafide HITS in the last 15 years. 

So I'm curious - if a second greatest hits album came out and YOU could pick the track listings, what would you pick? There's a discussion about this on Backstage, and I thought it was interesting. 

I'd personally go for a two-disc set featuring every hit from 1983-2008, plus some special bonus collector's material, including off-album tracks, singles, etc.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Disc 1 (1983-1995)
1. Runaway
2. In & Out of Love
3. Wanted Dead Or Alive
4. You Give Love A Bad Name
5. Raise Your Hands
6. Livin' On A Prayer
7. Born To Be My Baby
8. Lay Your Hands On Me
9. Livin' In Sin
10. Blood On Blood
11. I'll Be There For You
12. Keep the Faith
13. In These Arms
14. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
15. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
16. These Days
17. Something To Believe In

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Disc 2 (1996-2008)
1. Radio Saved My Life Tonight
2. It's My Life
3. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars (I am one of the few that LOVES this song!)
4. Thank You For Loving Me
5. One Wild Night
6. Bounce
7. Everyday
8. Have A Nice Day
9. Last Man Standing
10. Who Says You Can't Go Home
11. Welcome To Wherever You Are
12. I Am
13. Lost Highway
14. We Got It Goin' On
15. Whole Lot of Leavin'
16. (You Want To) Make A Memory (okay, actually not that fond of the song, but it WAS a top single)
17. I Love This Town


Collector's Bonus Disc:
1. Hallelujah (live)
2. Mister Sambo (hey, Richie should get a spot since Jon's got Always and Blaze all over the place)
3. Tumblin' Dice (as should David...)
4. Waltzing Matilda (did you forget Teek?)
5. Twist & Shout live (again, LOVE this one)
6. IBTFY or These Days (live w/ Richie on vocals)
7. Memphis Lives In Me (David)
8. Last Man Standing (original version from boxset)
9. I Get A Rush (live)
10. If I Can't Have Your Love (Richie)


What would you pick? You don't have to create a 2-disc set or collector's edition, just list whatever you'd like to see on a second greatest hits album and leave a comment on the site. 

Thanks! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Becky!! You should try and get that idea to the guys, it's brilliant!
As for what I'd put on it, I have NO idea, there are too many options. This will need some careful pondering on my part.

Vicki

Becky said...

Haha, thanks Vicki! :)

Madison Night said...

Oh crap! This is not fair! It's too hard to choose which songs I'd want since I sincerely love them all - I wouldn't know where to begin! I DO know that if it was a disc that contained bonus tracks/unreleased material I'd definately want Satellite on it. I ADORE that song.

Um.

Ooooh, I also love the live version of I'd Die for You...the low key accoustic one they did in Japan. <3 LURVE that!

Um.

Crap. Like I said, too hard! Damn you for making me think! LOL