May 17, 2009

Always Bon Jovi...

So tonight I gave up on trying to do ten million chores and errands, or trying to bully my brain into studying for finals, or doing anything on my to-do list that consists 99% of things I DON'T want to do (pay bills, do laundry, the like).

And instead, I grabbed my Jovi scrapbooks and the growing pile of magazine scraps, pictures, cutouts, and other various Jovified items, stuck the Live From London DVD in the player, plopped down on the living room floor, and proceeded to spend two whole glorious hours staring at a These Days era Bon Jovi rock the stage to 100,000 fans. 

Aside from being extremely therapeutic, it was one of those Jovi moments (or hours) that get you all introspectivey and pensive about your love for the band and the music...and makes you all mushy inside. Now I of course have seen the LFL DVD before, and the 'Always' performance remains my absolute favorite of that song EVER.

But tonight, for some reason, because my hectic and chaotic lifestyle has rendered me stressed and stretched thin, with no time to even think about Bon Jovi, let alone let myself get lost in their music again, I was moved to tears as I watched. I stopped everything I was doing and watched the man on the screen croon and pour his heart into the song, while the living room and quiet house around me slipped away. I became thoroughly absorbed in every single thing Jon did in his performance - every crinkle around the eyes, every bent finger reaching out to the crowd, every soft groan in between lyrics, every bead of sweat that dotted his face.

And I started to cry. Cry! I couldn't explain why even as I watched, but it seemed as though my passion, my devotion, my deep-seated indescribable love for all that is Bon Jovi came surging to the forefront of my heart and mind, and for the first time in endless months of thrashing through the muck of real life, I was home

Cheesefest? Absolutely. But don't even try to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. I could sit here for hours racking my brain to find the right words powerful enough to illustrate the emotions we all feel, but if you just dig deep in your heart, and remember the last time you too, were moved to tears because of the band, you'll know just what I mean. 

I won't go on and on, but I will just say that I truly cannot imagine my life without Bon Jovi. In the years since I first discovered them, I have been sent on adventure after adventure, met absolutely wonderful people and formed unforgettable friendships, and been on one HELL of a ride.

And I am damn proud to call myself a fan.


Enjoy.

Starting at 4:42, oh my, just...just watch.



***

And you can download the mp3 of the song from my SkyDrive:


(I also have the entire Live From London setlist in audio if anyone wants any other songs.)

4 comments:

Madison Night said...

GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! *insert a million heart eyes*

OMG Bex I adore that song, that version, that performance too. Damn, now I need to put that DVD in and watch it. *sigh*

I know what you mean, though. Sometimes, it's the words, the melody, the passion....and when our lives get insane the music just makes things so much easier to bear. Thier music allows me to dream, reflect, cry, laugh, gives me shivers and gooseflesh. It makes me feel empty and full at the same time.

So I hear ya. And hey, if that was cheesefest...well, nice to meet you...my name's Cheddar. :P

Hugs to you sweets - get through finals and get ready for your summer adventure!

MUAH!

Becky said...

Your name's Cheddar - LMFAO. Well then I'm Gouda :P

Thanks Dee, glad you feel the same. I just MELT when Jon sings that extra verse at the end....holy cannoli.

And thanks - just two finals left!! :)

Anonymous said...

Amen and Hallelujah! I know EXACTLY what you mean.Good luck for the rest of your finals.

Vicki

Becky said...

Thanks Vicki!!