August 4, 2009

New song - 'Work For the Working Man'

Hmm. So this is all over Backstage and YouTube and Facebook and Myspace and...yeah, you got it, it's everywhere. And here's one more place:



And the MP3 download:



Personally, I just don't like that violin in there, no matter how I may like Lorenza. It just takes away from the whole Jovi vibe to me.

Secondly, I know this is acoustic, but I'm hoping it sounds better with the whole band in there, sportin' a bit more rock, on the finished record version.

And thirdly, I like the lyrics...but I can't help but raise an eyebrow at them. Does this mean the next tour is going to be priced for the working man? In this economy, especially, are we going to finally get a break from last tour's inflated luxury? Or am I going to watch sadly as show dates go by, the Bon Jovi machine gets bigger and greedier, and I lose faith in everything I used to believe in with them?

Call me pessimistic, but I can't help but feel slightly like this is an empty belief on Jon's part - like he's bringing back the whole Tommy and Gina thing we all relate to because we asked him to, because he knows it will please us, but nothing will reflect it come tour time. You know the old saying, actions speak louder than words.

Please...let me be proven wrong.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Madison Night said...

I totally agree with you Becky. If they're planning on doing a big ROCK album like they said, then what the heck is with this acoustic...'thing'? The violin's gotta go, we gotta get some talk box in there, some real good heavy distorted guitar, and damn it, not only does he have to sing it with EDGE, but he has to MEAN it.

Otherwise the song is lost to me.

I'm with you on hoping that he's working for the working man next tour.

But my hopes aren't set too high.