February 3, 2011

WTB cheerleaders in Super Bowl


From ESPN's website:

Richie Sambora, getting ready to board a plane from Los Angeles to the Super Bowl city of Dallas, wanted to talk football.

"Who is going to win the Super Bowl?" he asked.

"Aaron Rodgers vs. Ben Roethlisberger is going to be a great battle," he answered himself.

"Who has the experience to win?" he said rhetorically.

Sambora, the lead guitarist of legendary rock band Bon Jovi, was so excited to head to Dallas on Thursday night to be part of the spectacle of Super Bowl weekend.

And he's really looking forward to Friday afternoon when he and his partner Nikki Lund have their clothing line -- WTB (White Trash Beautiful) -- modeled by the Dallas Cowboys' cheerleaders.

"Of course, I'm extremely proud," said Sambora, who started the line in spring 2010. "You will have gorgeous girls wearing our fashion. These girls are going to be showing the clothes like art. It's going to be wonderful."

WTB is anything but white trash. It's a contemporary fashion line consisting of distressed leather separates, dresses, evening gowns and more. The WTB Collection already has found celebrity fans including Carrie Underwood, Miley Cyrus and Kellie Pickler. A men's line will debut this spring.

What's with the title of White Trash Beautiful?

"I was walking around my house with this title in my head and I couldn't figure out what to do with it," Sambora said, "so I thought 'women's fashion line'. I met this brilliant woman named Nikki and we took it from there."

Lund, who already has a clothing line called Eccentric Symphony, said when Sambora came calling, she wasn't going to say no.

"He is a humble and amazing man, and it really was quite easy for me to say 'Yeah, let's do it,'" she said. "We're knowledgeable together on a lot of things and he's taught me a lot about football. He explained what a first down was!"

Back to the Super Bowl, Sambora continued the conversation:

"It's going to be a great game. I can't wait to see the stadium," he said. "Some of the players are my friends. It's going to be a wonderful weekend."

No comments: