February 7, 2011

Men's Health magazine: Jon's best


Jon interviewed with Men's Health on what some of his favorites are.

My friend Beth pointed out this quote...

"There are too many freakin' flavors today. I don't want Rocky Road vanilla twirl, I don't want 99 flavors, I want basics."

...as explanation for why the setlists are so plain! ;) LOL!

Enjoy.

HOTEL
"The Park Hyatt Tokyo, where Lost in Translation was filmed. You can't help but think how right Sofia Coppola got it when she shot there. It has probably the greatest view from a gym anywhere in the world. The Ritz or the George V (the Four Seasons) in Paris for the bar, which I believe was Hemingway's."

BEST CLASSIC RIDES
"My 1978 Datsun 280Z was the first cool car I owned, and it still holds a place near to my heart.I love my 1970 Chevelle. It's blue with white racing stripes…convertible. My kids call this the loud car. It has a brand-new engine. It's loud. I ride it hard. My Harley Custom SofTail sits on the floor of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's the bike I took across the country a couple times in search of Route 66."

BEST BOARDWALK
"Seaside, Wildwood, and Asbury Park, on the Jersey shore. For those of you who never got to experience the boardwalks in Jersey back in the day, I wish I could give that to you."

BEST JUNK-FOOD RESTAURANT
"Go see Mrs. Max at Max's in Long Branch during the summer. Order a hot dog. Everything you need to dress it is on the table. Order the onion rings and pretend you're a Soprano. Order a really cold root beer. If you have room for dessert, it's all there. You'll see all your favorite Jersey guys' pics on the walls. And oh yeah--tell Mrs. Max I said hi."

BEST LULLABY TO SING A CHILD TO SLEEP
"I make them up in the moment."

BEST WORKOUT
"I was doing Workout 101 for years: treadmill, elliptical, weights. Now I'm going to do yoga. I went for my first time, and I enjoyed it. I'm a 21st-century man."

BEST BOOK
"The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, by Robin Sharma. Let's just say it was one of the most influential books for me, because it talked about how more and bigger is not always better. I came to that realization a decade and a half ago. I bought lots of copies for friends who were in similar situations, some of the guys in the band, other people in our line of work."

BEST JEANS
"Levi's are my favorite, but the truth is I want the Levi's of my youth: zipper, one button, straight legs. There are too many freakin' flavors today. I don't want Rocky Road vanilla twirl, I don't want 99 flavors, I want basics. I wear Lucky's or Diesel now. I sound like a cranky old man, don't I?"

No comments: