March 1, 2011

Boston set list (and adventures!) - 3/1/11

Well, well, well. What an interesting night Boston concert-goers had! LOL!

I tuned into Twitter just in time to read that the speakers blew at the show, just after Love's the Only Rule and during Work For the Working Man, if I'm not mistaken.

Hath tweeted the following:

They just blew out the speakers!!
Jon just stopped the show!
He's sitting on tje stage waiting
And they left the stage
Epic #fail. Speakers blown band off stage. Holy shit


I'm sorry, but it was really quite comical. I was sitting here while Twitter and FB went all abuzz, but I could not stop laughing. An angry Jon is no laughing matter in person, but picturing him flying backstage and yelling at every person in sight made me half terrified and half hysterical. Some of my favorite tweets/posts during the hiatus included:

Clothesrock: Who tripped over the power cord?
mezjovi: @BonJovi just blew out the speakers in Boston!! Well! #HappyBirthdayJonBonJovi. YES! You've still got it!!
ferfy0: There's no one left to fix it. They've all run for their lives.
robfuz: You know there is some major "Stink Eye" goin' on !!!
Julie: How far into the show? So the arenas fault? or the crew? Whatever either way it sucks butt nuggets galore.


Man oh man, what an experience! I'm sure Boston attendees will remember this night!

Set:
Last Man Standing
Bad Name
Born To Be My Baby
We Weren't Born To Follow
Lost Highway
Love's the Only Rule
Work For the Working Man (speaker fail, lmao)
It's My Life
Runaway
Just Older
We Got It Goin' On
Bad Medicine/Pretty Woman/Shout
Lay Your Hands On Me (Richie)
Hallelujah
I'll Be There For You
Bed Of Roses
Who Says You Can't Go Home
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead/Start Me Up
Have A Nice Day
Keep the Faith
Dry County
Wanted Dead or Alive
I Love This Town
Livin On A Prayer

2 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

It was definitely something to remember. When I saw the same thing happen at NMS Night 1 during Runaway, I thought -- this is something that will NEVER happen again. Uh WRONG! lol Hathlet's highlight of the evening...

I have to say, couldn't happen to a nicer song.

~ Hath

Molly said...

I was at the Boston show when the speaker blew out. Concert started shortly after 7:30 and the speaker blew out around 8:35 p.m.

At first everyone was shocked, then everyone far enough away from the stage was screaming "We can't hear you!!" "I can't believe he's still singing/hasn't figured out no one can hear him...." etc. Finally, light dawned on marble head and his reaction was priceless. We were all laughing when he sat down on the stage, put his chin in his hand and started tapping his foot.

All told, it was out for about 10 minutes and when he came back, he was laughing it up and joking "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!?!" at which point the whole stadium was on its feet and screaming and the show, as they say, went on...

It was an amazing night. The energy of the crowd and of the band was unreal and something I'm not likely to forget for a long time.