February 25, 2010

Anaheim Round #1 - it's showtime!

Sooo...the big day is finally here. And all I have to say is this:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I've been doing since last night anyway...I am so goddamn excited it's not even funny. I have been tweeting it, Facebooking it, yelling it, screaming it, bugging my roommates about it, bugging my coworkers about it, bugging my family about it...yes, I'm one excited and raring to go Bon Jovi fan. My camera is charged, my ear plugs are packed, and my heart is soaring.

I just absolutely love this time - tour's in full swing, fans are flocking from all around, getting ready and going out, drinks and tons of coffee for the long nights, dinner beforehand, meeting friends and buying merchandise, finding your seat, politely listening to the opening band, bla bla bl...and then finally, when the lights go down, when the crowd revs up, when the screaming becomes so loud you can't hear a thing but roaring in your eardrums, and then the band walks out and the music starts...you're just gone. For the next two and a half hours, there is nothing but Bon Jovi, you, and soul-consuming music. I LOVE IT.

So I'm headed off toward that beautiful euphoria tonight - I got myself a double night date with Bon Jovi, y'all. This is round one...and the best part is, I get to do it all over again 24 hours later.

Oh, and I've been tweeting requests to the band for Captain Crash (never heard it live, can you believe that?!) and Satellite (which I am willing to bet all in my savings account that they will never play, but a girl's gotta try), so if either of those come up, I'm going to FREAK.

That said, don't forget to follow me on Twitter (if you don't already) as I'll be tweeting the setlist and details from the show. Oh, and I believe tonight's the night I am right in front of the catwalk, so if the tweets stop coming sometime after Jon walks out, I'm presumably on the floor, passed out in HRH heaven.

"See you" tonight, from the show! WEEEEEE!!

1 comment:

fanofjbj said...

I'll be rockin' right there with ya baby!! ;) Hope to see you tonight darlin'.

Denise