Here are mine (more like a SAMPLE of mine) -- what are yours?
Five songs I would love to hear Bon Jovi play...
A. ...Just Because I Love Them.
- Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars ("Crush") -- I have never heard this song live! I petitioned relentlessly for this through the California shows, to no avail. But they still haven't played it beyond California, so maybe they're just waiting for Europe when I see them next year! ;)
- Blame It On the Love of Rock & Roll ("Keep the Faith") -- it's a fun and upbeat, great rock and roll song!
- Love Me Back To Life ("Bounce") -- I LOVE this song. It's passionate, jubilantly beautiful, and so meaningful. Everyone can relate to these lyrics at one point or another.
- We Can Dance (Valentine's Target exclusive) -- a pretty, tender little number I have a soft spot for. And Lord knows I would LOVE to dance with Jon onstage...oy.
- Rich Man Living In A Poor Man's House ("100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans...") -- I know, random, right? But I had to put this up here because I LOVE that song and I think it would be a great, riffy little tune to play live.
B. ...From Their Solo Works.
- Rosie (Richie Sambora, "Stranger In This Town") -- one of my FAVES.
- Destination Anywhere (JBJ, "Destination Anywhere") -- one of those songs that makes you want to pack up and leave this place, but in a high-spirited, adventurous way.
- Lullaby For Two Moons (David Bryan, "Lunar Eclipse") -- my favorite off his instrumental album.
- Undiscovered Soul (Richie Sambora, "Undiscovered Soul") -- a song extremely close to my heart for many reasons.
- Never Say Die (JBJ, "Blaze Of Glory") -- another one of those songs that makes your blood pump faster and renews your sense of strength, endurance, and faith. At least for me, anyway.
C. ...But Never Will.
- Satellite ("100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong") -- it's a beautiful song, but the chances of them ever playing this live are slim, at best.
- Unbreakable ("Have A Nice Day" cut) -- because Jon calls it a "mistake," which I HIGHLY disagree with!
- Let's Make It Baby ("New Jersey" cut, I believe) -- because women would quite literally wet themselves if they ever played it.
- Stay ("Crush" demo) -- another gloriously beautiful, passionate song and a personal favorite, but I really don't think Jon can hit those notes anymore, unfortunately.
- River Runs Dry ("100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans...") -- another one I don't think Jon can sing anymore, as much as I love this song.